Mediterranean Lettuce Wraps and Crispy Sweet Potato Fries

Share it Please
Ok, I'll be honest.  I tried making sweet potato fries four times before I got it right. Every time they came out limp...and who likes limp fries?  So, I began searching for any tips I could find...and I found the solution!

Cornstarch. 

But be careful to only use a little bit.  On my third attempt at these suckers, I poured some cornstarch in a bag, and put in the fries.  After shaking the bag to coat the fries, I realized the fries absorbed way more cornstarch than I had anticipated...and it didn't come off.  Needless to say, we had cornstarch-flavored fries that night. 

So for this recipe, I used a little over a teaspoon of cornstarch for a single sweet potato.

(I didn't follow a recipe for this meal, so I don't know exact measurements)

Ingredients:
Sweet Potato, sliced
Cornstarch
Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
Tortillas
Lettuce
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Zucchini 
Onion
Garlic
Butter
Mushrooms
Soy Sauce
Sprouts 
Tomato, diced

Directions: 

Coat the fries in cornstarch, then drizzle a little oil over them and toss to coat evenly.

 Add salt and pepper.  I used a lot of pepper...feel free to use less.

 Make sure to space out the fries.  If they are touching, the air won't be able to circulate to make them crispy.   Bake at 425 degrees for 15-25 minutes.

Add butter to a pan. (I used about 1.5 TBSP)  Once melted, add onion. After a couple minutes, add mushrooms and garlic.  Add little soy sauce once the mushrooms start to brown.  Once the mushrooms absorb most of the soy sauce, add your Zucchini. Cook until Zucchini is tender. 


Here are the tomatoes, sprouts, and bacon crumbles. Feel free to use more bacon, since it is the only meat in the dish.  (I used 4 pieces)

 I spread my spicy hummus on the bottom, then topped with lettuce and the other goodies pictured above.  They were delicious! And the fries were crispy :]

<3 Saleena


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Follow Me!

As you may know, Google connect will not be on blogger for much longer, so PLEASE follow me through Linky Followers!