Spicy Hummus

Share it Please
  • I love love love this hummus.  Its great as an appetizer, a snack, or an addition to lettuce wraps.  It is so easy to make, and not very expensive.  The can of Tahini will be the most, but it will last you.  I have been able to make at least 6 batches, and I still have a little left.  I got this recipe from Rachael Ray, but I omit the coriander, and instead of a drizzle of olive oil, I add a quarter cup.  That's what makes it so creamy. :]  

  • Ingredients:
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
  • 2 rounded tablespoons tahini sesame paste
  • 1/4 C extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon (1/3 palm full) ground cumin
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • Coarse salt
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced

  • Combine beans, tahini, oil, pepper flakes, cumin, garlic, salt, and lemon juice in food processor bowl and grind into a smooth paste. 


And that's it! Simple, huh?  If you are entertaining or bringing this to an event, be sure to make a double batch. ;]


<3 Saleena

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Follow Me!

As you may know, Google connect will not be on blogger for much longer, so PLEASE follow me through Linky Followers!